After our computers became infected after 5 years of purchasing and installing Norton software, the lastest being Internet Security 2011, it failed to protect against the viruses infected through the internet. A call to Symtec, the Norton company, we were kept on hold all day long....over 5 hours before we finally gave up! We got a hold of a "customer service rep" who was no help, only wanted to install another version of the failed product on our system.

We will never use Norton products again, as they are useless to us and the customer service was anything but, for us.

Had an Experience with Symantec?

Comments

Why is anyone paying for anti virus protection at this point? Google free anti virus and you have many options. AVG is consistently excellent and free.

The customer rep @ nortons online help thought I was talking about DRUGS when I wrote: my icon appears to be in "morning" it is black with a hash mark across the face.Okay, did I miss something.

Obviously, they were 1)ANTI-AMERICAN, 2)DO NOT UNDERSTAND "morning", 3) THAT REP SHOULD BE FIRED AND NEVER ALLOWED TO HELP ANOTHER AMERICAN! HASH MARK is not the type of HASH that you smoke.

There is a huge difference there.:(

I don't know why you're throwing your money away to Norton to begin with.AV software is free.

Google "Microsoft Security Essentials".It's free, you never have to "register" it, or any of that nonsense.

Azhlynne
Athens, Illinois, United States #262917

I paid for Norton's service for years but when a malware virus infected my computer in spite of my so called protection Norton charged me an additional hundred dollars to remove the virus.They blamed me for the malware installing itself on my machine!

It is dishonest for a company to charge to protection then not offer that protection then charge extra when they don't do their job.I will never use Norton ever again!